- 300g terrine forestière
- 200g morello cherries, stoned
- 50g sultanas
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 small thumb fresh ginger
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Sourdough bread
- Toast bread slices. In a small pan, cover the sultanas with water and boil for 10 minutes until plump. Add water if need be.
- Peel the ginger and slice thinly.
- In a non-stick pan, cook the cherries on low heat then remove, leaving the juice in the pan. Add the balsamic vinegar, ginger, cinnamon sticks and sultanas. Cook gently until the sauce has reduced by half.
- To serve, lay two slices of toasted bread on each plate, overlay with fine slices of terrine and surround with the sour cherries and the sauce.