Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 4 andouillettes
- 600g spring carrots
- 40g butter
- 30g sugar
- 2 shallots
- 200ml Chablis
- 150ml single cream
- 1 bunch of chervil, tarragon or chives
- Peel and wash the carrots, leaving some of the green stems.
- Sauté in butter for 3 minutes in a skillet.
- Add the sugar, coat the carrots well, then cover with water.
- Cover with a sheet of parchment paper, and cook over a medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes to glaze.
- Chop the shallots. Place in a saucepan with the white wine, salt and pepper. Reduce by half over medium heat.
- Add the cream, and continue cooking for 10 minutes to obtain a smooth sauce.
- In a frying pan over a medium heat, brown the andouillettes in a spoonful of oil for 8 – 10 minutes, then add the sauce and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Coarsely chop the herbs and add to the carrots.
- Serve the andouillettes and carrots piping hot.