- 800g raw sauerkraut
- 200g dry-cured garlic sausage
- 1 organic Granny Smith apple
- 1 carrot
- 1 avocado
- 3 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 tbsp salad seed mix to garnish
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar to make a light vinaigrette
- Freshly ground pepper
Preparation: 10 minutes
- Rinse and drain the raw sauerkraut, dry in a clean tea towel, place in a large salad bowl and separate the strands with a fork.
- Add the cumin, chopped coriander and freshly ground pepper.
- Peel the carrot and cut into rounds.
- Peel the avocado, remove the stone and cut into small dice.
- Wash the apple, quarter and slice thinly.
- Thinly slice the garlic dried-sausage.
- Prepare a vinaigrette by mixing 4 tbsp oil with the cider vinegar. Add salt and freshly ground pepper (you can do this in a jar and shake vigorously!).
- In a large salad bowl, delicately mix the sauerkraut with all remaining ingredients and pour over the vinaigrette.
- Top with the seeds and serve well chilled.