- 12 thin slices of dry-cured ham
- ½ onion
- 100ml olive oil
- 100g risotto rice (Arborio)
- 100ml white wine
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 400ml chicken stock
- 50g grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 carrot
- 1 courgette
- ½ fennel bulb
- 30g butter
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Salt and pepper
Preparation: 30 mins
Chilling time: 2 hours
- Chop the onion. In a saucepan, soften the chopped onion in 50ml of olive oil at low heat for 5 minutes, without browning. Add the rice. Coat with olive oil, salt, pepper, then pour in the white wine. Cook for 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Meanwhile, dissolve the stock cube in boiling water.
- Pour 1/3 of the stock over the rice. Cook while stirring continuously, adding more stock until it is fully absorbed each time.
- Remove from the heat, add the grated Parmesan, mix then leave to cool.
- To make the lollipop shape, spread a generous spoonful of rice mixture onto 2 sheets of plastic wrap and carefully roll up each sheet into a sausage shape. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, wash the vegetables. Peel the carrot, grate the courgette and carrot, and thinly slice the fennel. In a salad bowl, combine the remaining olive oil (50ml) with the lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add the vegetables and stir.
- Remove the risotto from the refrigerator, take out of the plastic wrap and cut into 12 slices of equal thickness. Sink a small stick into each one. Sauté each lollipop in butter in a frying pan for 2 minutes on each side until golden. Drain on paper towels then wrap in a slice of dry-cured ham.
- Divide the raw vegetables between 4 glasses, add the risotto lollipops and serve immediately.