- 1 flammekueche (Alsatian tarte flambée, or “flame cake”)
- 0.75l red wine
- 120g icing sugar
- 1 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 vanilla pod (scraped)
- 6 small pears (Comice variety)
- In a saucepan, pour the red wine, icing sugar, spices and previously scraped vanilla pod, then bring to the boil.
- Wash and peel the pears. Place in the saucepan and leave to cook on low heat for about 1 hour, turning them regularly.
- When cooked, slice the pears into thin strips.
- Heat the flammekueche according to package instructions and cut into six portions.
- Place a spiced wine-flavoured pear strip on each portion.