- 1 large shop-bought meat pie
- 4 handfuls of tender salad leaves (spinach, rocket, beetroot shoots etc.)
- ½ red cabbage
- ½ apple
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp hazelnut oil
- 2 hazelnuts, chopped
- Re-heat the meat pie according to instructions.
- Wash the leaves and finely shred the red cabbage, setting aside two cabbage leaves to garnish.
- With the tip of a knife, cut the reserved cabbage leaves and apple into shapes and use to decorate the surface of the warm pie.
- To make the vinaigrette, mix together the cider vinegar and hazelnut oil, and add the chopped hazelnuts.
- Serve the pie with a salad of tender leaves and shredded cabbage and cider -hazelnut vinaigrette.