- 1 meat pie
- 250g figs, fresh or frozen
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 60g icing sugar
- 70ml (5 tbsp.) cider vinegar (or raspberry)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Freshly ground pepper and salt
- Clean the figs (if fresh) or defrost. Cut into pieces.
- Wash, peel and dice the apple.
- Place the fruit in a saucepan with the icing sugar, vinegar, spices and a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and cook for at least another 30 minutes, stirring frequently. Set aside.
- Cut the pie into thin slices and serve with the apple and fig chutney.