- 200g smoked lardons
- 2 onions
- 4 preserved lemons in brine
- 30ml olive oil
- Segments and juice of 1 grapefruit
- 1 shallot
- 500g monkfish fillet
- 15ml cumin seeds
- 4 sprigs of fresh coriander
- Salt and pepper
- A few mangetouts to dress
- Peel and thinly slice the onions.
- Quarter the lemons.
- In a skillet, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil. Sauté the lardons and onions until golden brown. Set aside.
- Peel the grapefruit and slice it in segments. Transfer to a salad bowl.
- Squeeze the juice from the rest of the grapefruit. Pour that juice in a different salad bowl and add the olive oil and minced shallot. Season with salt and pepper.
- In the skillet, add the slices of monkfish. Cook 1 minute on each side. Pour the grapefruit juice. Add the cumin seeds, lardons and onions. Season with pepper and a little salt. Sprinkle with fresh coriander. Serve immediately.
- Garnish with a few mangetouts