- 150g mixed mesclun/spring salad shoots
- 150g smoked bacon lardons
- 4 eggs
- 1 red onion
- 60g cashew nuts
- 20g pumpkin seeds
- ½ bunch chives
- ½ bunch parsley
- ½ baguette
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 tbsp olive oil to make a light vinaigrette and to pan-fry the croutons
- 1 lemon
- Freshly ground pepper
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
- Rinse and dry the salad leaves.
- Very finely chop the herbs and slice the red onion into thin rings.
- Cook the eggs for 6 minutes in a pan of boiling salted water. Plunge in a bowl of cold water and peel carefully.
- Dry-fry the lardons for 3 – 4 minutes in a non-stick pan without any additional fat. Remove.
- Put one tbsp olive oil to the pan and fry the croutons until golden.
- To make the vinaigrette, mix 3 tbsp olive oil with the juice of a lemon and the chopped herbs (you can do this in a jar and shake vigorously). Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Mix the salad leaves with half the vinaigrette and place in 4 generous bowls.
- One ingredient at a time, layer with the lardons, croutons, onion rings, cashew nuts and pumpkin seeds.
- Top with a soft-boiled egg, sliced in two. Pour over the remaining vinaigrette and serve immediately.