- 500g black pudding
- 1 large onion
- 2 red apples
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 50g chopped hazelnuts
- 1 small bouquet garni
- 1 tbsp oil
- 20g butter
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Freshly ground pepper
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 40 minutes
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into large chunks. Transfer to a pan of salted boiling water with the bouquet garni and cook for 20 minutes.
- Peel the apples and cut into fine rounds. Pan fry in 15g butter until golden in a covered pan until the apple slices are tender (around 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper and a small pinch of nutmeg).
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°
- Remove the skin of the black pudding. Add 1 tbsp oil to a non-stick pan and sauté with the onion for five minutes.
- Add salt and pepper and crumble with a fork. Set aside.
- Roughly crush the sweet potatoes with a fork. Add salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Lightly butter a gratin dish. Start with a layer of apple slices followed by a layer of black pudding and onion and finish with a layer of sweet potatoes.
- Sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts and bake for 20 minutes.