- 4 slices cooked ham
- 320g coquillettes (or substitute with pasta shells)
- 1 carrot
- 2 shallots
- 1 stick celery
- 150g wild mushrooms (fairy ring mushrooms, chanterelles, ceps etc.)
- 1 small bunch parsley
- 20cl low fat single cream (5% fat)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 20g grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Peel and finely dice the carrot.
- Finely chop the shallot, celery and parsley.
- Cut the ham into pretty ribbons.
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil, add the thyme and bay leaves. Add the pasta shells, diced carrots and celery. Simmer for 8 minutes.
- During that time, clean the mushrooms with a damp towel. Add to a non-stick pan with 1 tbsp oil and the shallots. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Cook for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Using a colander, drain the pasta and vegetables, reserving some cooking liquid at the bottom of the pan, to which return the pasta and veg. Add the cream, half the parmesan and mix well before adding the chopped parsley and ham ribbons. Cook uncovered on a very low heat for 3 minutes.
- Serve very hot in large, shallow plates and sprinkle with the leftover parmesan.