- 4 hot dogs (saucisse de Strasbourg)
- 1 red onion
- 5ml olive oil
- 100g cooked sauerkraut
- A few juniper berries
- A few coriander seeds
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
- 4 brioche baguettes
- Baby lettuce or baby greens
- Walnut oil
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 6 to 8 minutes
- Peel the onion and cut into fine rings.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and sauté the onion until nicely browned. Add the sauerkraut, a few juniper berries and coriander seeds, then stir for a few moments. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slit the baguettes lengthwise, without separating completely. Place in the oven to reheat.
- Simmer the sausages in a pan of boiling water for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Brush the baguettes with mustard and spread with sauerkraut. Place a sausage in each hot dog. Season to taste.
- Enjoy the hot dogs nice and warm with a salad of baby greens and walnut oil dressing.